Advanced Technology and Techniques
The technologies and methods used in the construction industry have steadily progressed over the past decades. Such developments allow SERVPRO from New Cumberland / Carlisle professionals to easily, effectively and more efficiently return a property back into preloss.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification or (IICRC) lays out practical standards for restoration and cleaning Institute for inspection. The IICRC S500 Water Damage Manual is a series of realistic guidelines that include the psychometry field which includes temperature modulation and relative humidity to quickly and effectively eliminate moisturization and dry the property. This is only one of the many techniques we use during our restoration process relative to the home damage you have endured. Please continue to read below on the many different pieces of equipment and techniques we use on a daily basis to give customers in need, quality services in the event of water damage or fire damage.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.